Simon Pavey’s Australian Adventure – NSW South Coast
Ride / Rest day
65 / 25
Sealed / Dirt
99% / 1%
20,000ks / 12,500m
New South Wales: A motorcycle tour into the superb South East forests of NSW with Simon Pavey
Following on from the off-road skills training weekend in the spectacular surrounds of the Sapphire Coast enjoy this very unique five-day motorcycle tour with the world renown Dakar Rally competitor, Simon Pavey through some of Australia’s finest scenery and offers us the best opportunity to support these small communities severely affected by the 2019/20 bushfires
A superb five day ride that explores an amazing strip of national parks that form part of the NSW South Coast known as the Sapphire Coast, as well as the mountainous forests of the South East Forest National Park featuring large areas of tall forests, numerous streams with waterfalls and waterholes, upland swamps, escarpments, gorges, high peaks and stunning panoramic views. The ride also explores the NSW high country that includes Monaro & Mt Kosciuszko National Park. It must be noted that some of these areas has recently been adversely affected by bushfires, Dec 19 / Jan 20 however we wish to assist in the long road to recovery for these small communities and with the team form Off Road Skills and Compass Expeditions we will ensure an amazing riding week with a unique opportunity to put into practice what you have learnt over the weekend by simply the best off road trainers going around.
Dates and Pricing
Day 1: Arrive in Merimbula and meet the Off-Road Skills and Compass Expeditions crew for your pre-departure meeting.
Day 2: We spend the day exploring the incredible fire trails that abound inside the magnificent South East Forests National Park, inland from the Sapphire Coast. Today’s ride features extensive areas of tall forests and superb remote riding
Day 3: Riding south today we explore the wonderful Mount Imlay National Park; a region of endless dirt tracks that criss-cross this extremely scenic national park. Our ride today includes both open & tight dirt tracks
Day 4: Leaving the coast, we ride west steadily climbing to the high plains of the Monaro and onto scenic Jindabyne set at the very edge of the lofty Kosciuszko National Park
Day 5: Leaving Jindabyne we turn north and explore the fire trails of the Tallaganda National Park and Capitan’s Flat before overnighting at the heritage listed village of Braidwood
Day 6: Our last day will see us return to the Sapphire Coast via the Monga National Park, a landscape of eucalypt & temperate rainforest before we descend to the beautiful Batemans Bay with epic views out across the Clyde River and the Pacific Ocean.
Departure Day: Spend some time in Batemans Bay, fly or ride home, the choice is yours.
- Motorcycle rental as per your selection
- Fuel (if riding Compass bike)
- Support vehicle with passenger carrying ability
- 5 Breakfasts
- 5 Picnic Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- 6 nights accommodation
- Services of ride leader and support vehicle driver
- Pre-departure material and route maps
- Access to satellite phone, pay per minute
- Entrances to all national Parks mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Visas (if required)
- Personal items
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
All accommodation is twin or double share, if you would like a single room there will be a single supplement: AU$ 495
Our motorcycles are insured and have a damage excess of AU$ 5000, you can reduce the excess by taking advantage of our Excess Reduction Policy: AU$ 35 per day
- All riders must have a valid motorcycle license and at least two years riding experience.
- It is a requirement that all clients have appropriate travel insurance for this type of activity.
20,000ks / 12,500m
Sealed / Dirt
99% / 1%
- 6 nights of accommodation
- All accommodation is on a twin share basis. If you are traveling alone we will pair you up with another solo traveler. However, if you prefer single accommodation a single supplement is available: A$ 495.00
- We include breakfast everyday: 6 Breakfasts
- On every day of the tour we provide a picnic lunch that we prepare ourselves from our mobile kitchen or lunch at a local cafe: 5 Lunches
- We include mentioned dinners in reliable restaurants: 3 Dinners
Accidents happen, luggage is lost and tour or flight cancellations can occur, so it is our policy that all participants of Compass Expeditions tours have an appropriate level of travel insurance to cover the unforeseen. This is not only compulsory when joining our tours, but it makes sense.
If choosing your own insurance – for motorcycle tours it is crucial the insurance policy you choose will offer a policy for riding a motorcycle OVER 250cc (including our bikes). This is a critical point to ensure when purchasing a policy.
Our experienced In-house travel team are happy to help with getting you the right insurance for your tour and for any other travel you might be doing before or after. Contact our in-house travel team.